In addition to the general build instructions, you need to take care of these steps:
- Install the boost library:
- Download the latest boost library from http://www.boost.org/users/download/
- Unpack it into fritzing/src/libs. Make sure it's named sth like boost_1_55_0
- Specify your platform:
- Open the file phoenix.pro
- Look for the line CONFIG += x86_64 x86 ppc and delete the platforms you don't need (probably ppc and one of the x86 platforms)
- It's much easier to use QtCreator!
- Download and install XCode if you don't have it. Next, open Xcode.
- Go through the preparations mentioned above
- Use qmake, a software tool which is in the QT bin folder: navigate to your Fritzing code folder and do something like:
cd /Users/you/Documents/Fritzing/phoenix qmake -spec macx-xcode
- Open the Fritzing.xcodeproj file.
- Click the Build and go button or choose it from the build menu item.
You will have to run qmake when you update your code from the SVN (if the project files--.pro or .pri--have changed). You can do this from terminal.
If you're doing a clean build from xcode, you'll need to manually delete the fritzing file qrc_phoenixresources.cpp
If you need to: Building Qt From Source
- You've already installed xcode 3.0 or later
- Download the Qt framework source for mac and extract it somewhere.
- open up a terminal window, cd to the qt folder and type something like:
./configure -universal -debug-and-release -platform macx-g++ -no-qt3support
since 4.5.0, also including options: -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2
- if you have multiple mac SDKs installed, Dirk suggests adding the -sdk option, for example:
./configure -universal -debug-and-release -platform macx-g++ -sdk /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/
- the configure process can take 30 minutes or more
- now type "sudo make install
if something screws up, type "make confclean" and go back to ./configure
- this will run for at least a few hours
- set the path to Qt. If you're using a bash shell, create a ~/.bash_profile file containing something like the following: