Release version 0.1b
Dec. 23, 2008
The "Fritzmas" release is the first version of the new Fritzing that we tend to call stable. We put a lot of effort into polishing, bug fixing, performance improvements and future-proofness (which also means that sketches created with older versions are not compatible with the new one).
We intend to circulate it on a wider base and are encouraging you to try it out on more serious projects.
- (Hopefully) clearer UI: We put some effort in making the "three views"-concept more understandable, with a new view switcher, miniature views in the navigator, cross-view icons in the inspector, and a new help text on opening Fritzing for the first time.
- New website: Based on a new underlying web framework (Django), the new website is the foundation for the upcoming social features. Soon you will be able to share projects and custom parts.
- Refined .fz file format that is (more likely) future-compatible
- New parts (big potentiometer, batteries, dc motor) and lots of clean-up
- Five new example sketches, including a Fritzmas surprise
- Improved synchronization of views (especially for schematic view)
- New overall design and styling, with much more space for your sketch
- Big speed-up for the breadboard
- Export DIY is now vector-based and faster
- Improved autorouter
- Breadboard parts resized to be closer to actual size
- Parts editor connectors view allows for zooming and panning
- Connectors, connections, buses, and wires cleaned up
- Autorouting can now be undone
- ..and many more big and small bug fixes
Nov. 24, 2008
Lots of improvements :)
Nov. 12, 2008
First preview release of the all-newly programmed Fritzing.