This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Changing From half to half+ board

droolcup 7 years, 4 months ago

Not exactly sure this is a bug, but think it's worth a mention.

I had a number of examples that used a "half" sized breadboard that I lated changed to a "half+" size. The components on the board and the wire routing went sort of bonkers for each one. 

Attached is an image of a circuit with a "half" board, and the same circuit once the board is changed to "half+". Is there an easy way to get around this?

Half board

Resized to half+ board

Jonathan Cohen 7 years, 4 months ago

Hi Droolcup,

The two types of breadboards were created by different people who did not use the same naming conventions for the connectors, so the software doesn't do a good job of reconnecting after the swap. At this point, changing one or the other would break already-existing sketches, so we would have to write some special-case code to handle this (which request I have added to our issue tracker).

I can't think of an easy workaround, but you could at least preserve the layout, if not the connections, by deleting the first breadboard, dragging in another breadboard, swapping it to half+, and dragging it into place.

Sorry there isn't a better answer.

- j