Finding unrouted net

Paul Beard 2 years ago

Hi,

Fritzing is telling me I have 80 out of 81 nets routed. I thought I had done them all! How can I locate the unrouted net? I just can't find on screen...

Thanks,

Paul

Jonathan Cohen 2 years ago

Hi Paul,

Can you see any red anywhere?  If not email the file to the usual place--it could be a bug. It possibly also suggests a need for a "highlight unrouted" function.

Cheers,

- j

Paul Beard 2 years ago

The only red I can see is the 3 chip legs I am not using (an i/p and an o/p on a 2803 darlington and one on an rtc breakout board). Could this be what it is referring to?

Jonathan Cohen 2 years ago

If you mouse down on any of them, does anything else light up yellow?

- j

Paul Beard 1 year, 12 months ago

I found it eventually Jonathan. I am using off-pcb connectors to represent the pins of a large 7-segment display (with a pinout that doesn't match any part from the bin), and two pins are internally connected, I put a wire link directly on top of the connectors to represent that "internal bus". The missing connection was under that and was zero length, so just showed up as a single red pixel.

bowlerhatman 1 year, 11 months ago

I'm having a similar probelm, but with many more connections. Fritzing claims that I have about 10 connections unrouted, but if that's the case, they're invisible ones. It also shows unrouted connections on both breadboard and schematic view, each shows a different number of unrouted traces though. How can I find these?

Jonathan Cohen 1 year, 11 months ago

Hi Bowlerhatman,

It is quite possible that different views will have different unrouted connections. As to seeing what is unrouted, I can only suggest looking for ratsnest wires and mousing down on connectors to see what else lights up. It is also possible that everything is indeed connected, and this is a Fritzing bug. Please email your sketch file to info .at. fritzing .dot. org, and I will take a look.

I will also bump up the priority on some form of "show all unrouted connections" function.

Cheers,

- j

Jonathan Cohen 1 year, 11 months ago

That's embarassing--I forgot there already is such a function. Mouse down on the text that says "blah blah nets unrouted -- x connection still to be routed".  While the mouse is down, the unconnected connectors will be highlighted.

- j

shane pechacek 1 year, 9 months ago

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I am running into the same issue when I have all the connections made, but the application is still telling me that I have connections that still need to be routed.

I did try the function for finding unrouted connections, but nothing that I can see is shown.

I e-mailed the file to the address listed in a previous post.

Jonathan Cohen 1 year, 9 months ago

Hi Shane,

I am looking at your file in version 0.7.7 and I can't seem to find the "show unrouted" function in PCB view. However, the good news is that in PCB view, the ratsnest representing the missing connection is visible and it runs from pin 3 on J7 to pin B on K2. The other good news is that the show unrouted function is on the menu in the most recent build, so it will be available (again) in the next release.

Cheers,

- j

Duh--spaced out again. It wasn't on the menu in 0.7.7, it was available by clicking on the status text. So, you can see the yellow highlighting if you zoom in to the upper area of the board.

- j

shane pechacek 1 year, 9 months ago

I was able to resolve the un-routed ones in PCB view, but it is still showing some in the schematic view and when I zoom the view to show the whole thing, I am not seeing any highlighted connections when I click on the status text.

Is this only really for use in PCB view?

Thanks for the quick response!!

Hi Shane,

It looks like routing status in schematic view has a bug, since in the new version "show unrouted" puts up a message saying "no unrouted connections".

- j

Please login to post a reply.