This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Problem importing Adafruit library and/or parts

Leo666 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi there,

I've tried to import the Adafruit library and/or individual parts using both the File->Open, and Bin->Import methods but I keep getting the error message "Unable to open shareable C:/Document and Settings/.../adafruit.fzbz"

I've saved the downloaded file to various locations on my pc, but no joy.

I've managed to import the DFRobot library without any problems so I thought it might be a problem with the library, but after a search on their forum it seems that no-one else has had the same experience.

I'm using version 0.7.12 on Windows XP SP3

thanks.

Jonathan Cohen 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi Leo,

Can you point me to the library you are attempting to import?

- j

Leo666 5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the reply,

I've found out where I was going wrong.
On this page https://github.com/adafruit/Fritzing-Library I was right clicking on the library and doing Save link as... It downloaded a fritzing application file, but didn't work when importing.
I just tried left clicking the library file link and then left clicking View Raw on the next page and this downloaded a file that worked and imported into fritzing as expected.

Sorry for any bother, I feel a bit silly now but hopefully this will serve as a reminder to anyone with a similar problem  :)

Thanks