This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

I wish i could...

geronimox 9 years, 9 months ago

Hi! Congratz for the project!

Im using frintzing for first time, and i think it would be great to move components in layout using arrow keys.

So when CTRL+ARROW KEY is pressed the components move a pixel in direction of the key.
And when CTRL is not pressed, the selected component in layout changes to the nearest one in the direction of the pressed arrow.

Cya!

Jonathan Cohen 9 years, 9 months ago

Hi Geronimox,

Thanks for the suggestions.  The general idea of moving parts using arrow keys is on our to-do list, but you bring up an interesting variation on the theme.  In particular, this might give us a way to select parts or wires that are obscured behind other parts and wires.

Cheers,

- j

PCB_Master 9 years, 9 months ago

can you add a 8 position dip switch?

André Knörig 9 years, 9 months ago

André Knörig

Hi PCB Master,
thanks, we can add it to the list. You can also give it a try yourself, basing it on a mystery part. Just place a mystery part and set its properties to 16 pins, double row, and whatever spacing your dip switch has. You can either leave it at that, or continue in the parts editor to give it the proper graphics and metadata.
Hope that helps,
André

how do you do a double row?

André Knörig 9 years, 9 months ago

André Knörig

You can find the part properties in the inspector on the right. The mystery part has a property "layout" whcih you can switch from single row to double row.

Thank you!

Also, could you add different types of 7 segment displays, such as a 0.3" wide one?

Thanks

P.S. Why can't you rotate jumper wires in PCB mode?

Brendan Howell 9 years, 9 months ago

Can you point to a data-sheet or spec for the display you need?

dirk 9 years, 9 months ago

about Rotate jumper wires in PCB View:

I discovered this yesterday. Indeed the precision UI is far from optimal, but you can drag the end points of a jumper wire. The area of where a mouse drag should start from is minimal, but if you try it you'll find this area between the end point (pad) area from which it draws a trace and the wire itself from which you move the jumper wire around.

Nikg92 9 years, 9 months ago

I think it would be a brilliant idea to add simulation capabilities. This would include the ability to control properties of different components and a visualization of the circuit reacts.

Jonathan Cohen 9 years, 9 months ago

Thanks.  We've covered that suggestion in our faq.

- j

arcol 9 years, 2 months ago

dirk:

> I discovered this yesterday. Indeed the precision UI is far from optimal,

>  but you can drag the end points of a jumper wire. The area of where a

>mouse drag should start from is minimal, but if you try it you'll find this

> area between the end point (pad) area from which it draws a trace and

> the wire itself from which you move the jumper wire around.

When you drag the endpoint, it does not respect the grid anymore.

So a rotating function (just like in any other parts) is a musthave funtion.

arcol 9 years, 2 months ago

middle button for panning the canvas.

Jonathan Cohen 9 years, 2 months ago

hold down space bar and drag

Jonathan Cohen 9 years, 2 months ago

adding jumper item drag align-to-grid to the issue tracker.