This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Custom shape PCB board with U-shaped incision on the perimeter...

LudBorg 6 years ago

Hi,

I want to know, if is possible for FritzingFab to manifacture a board like this:

I try to make custom board using inkscape with layers "board" and "silkscreen", as indicated in online tutorial.

Then using feature "difference" i cut the U-shaped incision (width 2,4mm, 15° inclination). When i load this custom board in a sketch, all seems ok... i have no error by Fritzing.

Can FritzingFab handle that shape? I see that only circular hole can be manifactured by FritzingFab, what happens with that U-Shaped incision?

Thanks in advance.

Lud.

Jonathan Cohen 6 years ago

Hi Lud,

The u-shape should be no problem.  You can test it yourself--choose File > Export for Production > Gerber. This will produce a set of gerber files. Then use a Gerber Viewer to look at the file with the word "contour" in the filename (there are free Gerber Viewer applications available for each platform--and at least one online version).The u-shapes should appear in the contour file.

- j

petergdewitt 5 years, 10 months ago

Hi LudBorg,

Do you have the SVG for the PCB shape? I'm also using the component housing the shape fits into. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.