This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Linux and Windows 0.42b08.04 crashes when saving

cbuster 8 years, 5 months ago

I found it reproducable at the point when I add a second DC source and set its voltage to 12V. From then on fritzing crashes upon saving with:

./Fritzing.sh: line 12: 4000 Segmentation fault "$dirname/$appname" $*

The above is the error from Linux.

Its even enough to add a DC source to an empty sketch and switch it to 12V, next time you save the work is lost.

I am using Debian Lenny i386 and Windows XP SP1.

Jonathan Cohen 8 years, 5 months ago

Hi CBuster,

Thanks for the clear bug report--I can reproduce the crash here as well.  I see the direct cause, but haven't yet figured out why it happens, or whether there's a workaround.  Stay tuned.

Cheers,

- j

Thank you Jonathan for your quick attention. If there is anything I can do to help further let me know.

Jonathan Cohen 8 years, 5 months ago

Hi CBuster,

Found the bug, and probably fixed it, but there's no workaround in 0.4.2 (nor 0.4.1, nor 0.4.0--0.3.19 is ok).  The fix will show up in the next release, but it's likely to be some time before that will be ready.   Let me know whether this leaves you stranded, and if so, we'll try to figure something out.

- j

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the update. I could work around it with a pencil and a printout for the moment ;-) I appreciate your offer to help, but I'll happily wait for the next release (hopefully not too far away from now) or if it bugs me too much will downgrade to 0.3.19 .

Thanks for your help, looking forward to the next release of this nice tool!

Cheers, C