This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

fritzing crashes in Ubuntu 10.10

LABORATORIO DE JUGUETE 8 years, 7 months ago

LABORATORIO  DE JUGUETE

Hi, everyone. I'm writting from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have recently developed my first PCBs with Fritzing and I'm really happy. Thanks to all of you. As soon as i fix some mistakes, i'll start to share them. 

The problem i have is that fritzing continuosly closes when i hit some button. It could be anyone of then. Last time, I pressed ctrl+S (to avoid losing data if it crashes again) and it crashed just then! When I opened it again, it was a blank desktop. I lost everything! Do you know if there's anyway to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan Cohen 8 years, 7 months ago

Hi Toylab,

Sorry about the crashing.  There is an open issue about certain files causing a crash whenever they're saved--possibly this is one of those.  If you have any fz  files still remaining, and you're experiencing crashes when those files are open, please email one or more of the files to info (at) frtizing (dot) org and we'll take a look.  If you're working with custom parts, then save the sketch as sharable (if possible) and send us the fzz file instead.

Thanks.

- j