This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Use of single-sided stripboard

Dr_David 5 years, 1 month ago

I don't know under which forum the thread 'Stripboard treatise' was entered (I couldn't find it by date in this forum), but I agree entirely with the comments. I am in the process of designing a stripboard layout and will need to mentally invert the pattern of cuts when I produce the board.

Additionally, I have designed and built a breadboard design and now want to convert that into a stripboard design. So I would really like to have both in the same file (breadboard, schematic and stripboard) rather than needing two separate files and reloading the components.

Dr_David 5 years, 1 month ago

For some reason the link does not work. The url (which works when entered into a browser) is http://fritzing.org/forum/thread/2011/

Clacker 5 years, 1 month ago

If you look under File->Export->As Image you can export your breadboard view stripboard as an image.  Open that image in Paint or Inkscape. Then flip the image either horizontally or vertically to get the inverted pattern.

Once you have either the schematic or PCB views wired (not just showing air wires), you can delete your stripboard and insert a breadboard.  The parts remain in the breadboard view and air wires connect the parts.  It's two files but you don't need to reload everything because the parts remain even though the breadboard is deleted.