This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Ground fill not connected

Menico 4 years, 9 months ago

Hello together,

I'm using the latest official build of Fritzing on my Windows 8 64-bit machine. (I've also tried older versions of Fritzing).

My problem is that when I create a PCB and use the "Choose Ground fill seed(s)", select the only entry and click on "Ok and fill".

Now Fritzing creates the ground fill correctly (with all the right pins connected) BUT it doesn't recognize it as Ground, and wants me to route the Ground network anyways.

I can reproduce this behaviour with very simple layouts. Placing a resistor, an Arduino and a LED onto a PCB then following the upper procedure delivers the same results.

Is this a known bug?

Fabian Althaus 4 years, 9 months ago

Hej Menico,

do you mean that the "black-ratsnest" for the gnd connection still stays the same after you use the "ground-fill"? this behavior is known and sometimes very helpfull. imagine some of the gnd-seeds aren't connected to the gnd-fill. so you can easily check if all gnd-seeds are connecte by viewing the ratsnest and the connection to the gnd-fill.

my normal way is: rooting the gnd on the board and use a ground-fill at the end. so i can be sure everything is really connected to gnd. 

greetings fabian