This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Missing handles in part editor - pcb graphic only

local_dani_21 7 years, 9 months ago

Hi

Sometimes it happens, that when I'd like to edit a part I already created and I enter the part editor, the connector handles for the pcb-graphic are missing (even if the part can be connected in the PCB-view). How can I get the handles back without having to delete and add all the connectors again?

Missing handles screenshot

Thank you,

Dani

local_dani_21 7 years, 9 months ago

Ups, sorry for the huge graphic (3 times the same). It only showed once when I entered it. Dani

Jonathan Cohen 7 years, 9 months ago

Hi Dani,

I think it would help tease out the problem f you emailed some files to info .at. fritzing .dot. org.   If you select your part and export it (under the Part menu), and emailed the .fzz file, also email the pcb view svg you're trying to edit.

Thanks.

- j

local_dani_21 7 years, 8 months ago

Hi Jonathan

I'm slowly getting into looking at the things the XML-way. Thanks for your help with the files. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to look into the fzpz-File! This is the fzp-File that is discussed in http://fritzing.org/developer/fritzing-part-format, isn't it? BBedit won't open it, could you give me a tip on how to look into it?

Thank you,

Dani 

Jonathan Cohen 7 years, 8 months ago

It's just a zip file with a different suffix.  Rename it to whatever.zip and then you can look at the individual files.

- j