This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Building Fritzing on a Raspberry Pi2

PeterO 4 years, 4 months ago

I've just managed to get fritzing to build using the sources from github.

But there are a coule of problems:

1)It seems that the qtserial library needs to be built/installed independently but there is no mention of this anywhere.  Having found the sources for it and built and installed it the fritzing make files fail to link the library !  I had to manually add it to the LIBS variable in Makefile.Release

LIBS          = $(SUBLIBS)  -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -lz -lQtSvg -lQtSql -lQtXml -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lQtSerialPort -lpthread

2) There is a bug in programtab.cpp  Line 754 referencies "currentData" which does not exists.  I've guessed it should be "currentText"

754:              m_portComboBox->currentText(),

But now it is running so I can learn how to use it :-)    [I'm sure it would have been easier just to install the package on my MINT-17 desktop, but where's the fun in that :-)]

PeterO

Heinervdm 4 years, 4 months ago

I think the newer Versions of Fritzing are only tested with Qt5, and in Qt5 the QtSerialPort lib is included.

Also the QtComboBox->currentData is a new function, it was added in one of the latest Qt5 releases.

Both problems just mean that your Qt version is too old ;-)

It seems odd not to mainatin compatability with Qt 4.8 when there are so few changes needed ?

I'm about to try a fresh built on a clean Rasbian install but with Qt5 this time. Hopefully it will be cleaner :-)

It seems QT5 application development is a not supported on the current Raspbian build .... So I'll have to stick with the Qt4 build that seems to work ok.