This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Can't start- .dll files can't be found on my pc message

crojai 2 years, 11 months ago

Thanks for any help. New to Fritzing. Downloaded 0.9.2b today on my Windows 8 laptop. Download went ok and .dll files are listed. When I try to open any diagram or code files from my sample CD (FZZ, INO files), I get message eg, 'The program can't start because Qt5Widgets.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'  It did the same with Qt5PrintSupport.dll and Qt5Svg.dl. I found a 'fix' online that said to copy the .dll file to the Windows32 folder which I did. When I did that the error message above seems to move to the next .dll file in the Fritzing unzipped folder and says it's missing. Do I have to manually copy all the .dll files in the Fritzing unzipped folder to the Windows32 system folder? Tried fixing by reinstalling program numerous times but to no avail. The program itself seems to load up ok. I just can't seem to open up any of the files on my CD except the video file which seems to run ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As it is I'm dead in the water until I figure this out.

Thanks

Update - Copied all the Qt5....dll files into the Windows32 folder. The next message I am getting is 'This program failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin 'windows'. I found a 'qwindows.dll' file in the 'platforms' folder of the Fritzing unzipped download folder and copied this to the Windows32 folder. This did no good as I got the same error message as before.

Would really appreciate anyone that can help direct me to a solution.  Until the, am stuck in the mud!

Thanks

Problem solved.  Files on CD must be opened via two applications, (circuit diagram - FZZ type file) via Fritzing app and (code file - INO type) via Arduino app. Was trying to open via Windows - no intructions with CD so took some trial and error and research to realize the problem.