This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Can't change autoroute back to 10 - can't manually set "square" pc board size

derek 7 years, 3 months ago

I changed the autoroute from 1 to 10 and can't change it back.  I can't type in the value and the up/dn arrows don't change it either.  I've looked for a setting somewhere, but can't find it.  Obviously, more than one iteration of autorouting would be nice.

Bug 2 - you can't manually enter a square pcb size.  50x50 won't enter.  "Mousing" the board to the right size is a pain.

Jonathan Cohen 7 years, 3 months ago

Hi Derek.  

Bug 2 will be fixed in the next release.  The easiest workaround for bug 1 would be to delete your preferences.  What platform are you on?

- j

Hi Jinathan - thank you for your reply.  I like Fritzing, and you've put the power of PCB design of the people...it's liberating in a way.  I have a professional engineer who does my boards for my commercial projects, but I've wanted to learn the basics myself without being forced to use more complex programs.  Frizting is easy!

Ok - I'm on a Window 7-64 machine.  I'm an experienced user and cannot find references to Autorouting in the Preferences.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'll beg up a question:  Can I export my files for production as extended gerber and send them to iTead or Seeed?  I use iTead all the time and it looks like the same files to me.

Thank you :)

On Windows 7, use RegEdit, go into HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fritzing\Fritzing\cmrouter and set maxcycles.

Yes, Fritzing gerber export is "standard" and Fritzing users have had successful outcomes using a number of services, including those you mention. However, if you use our fab service, the profit goes back into Fritzing development, and since fab, starter kits, and donations are our only source of income, let me gently encourage you in that direction.

Cheers,

. j

Thank you for your guidance, Jonathan.  I didn't connect the dots with your business methods, so I sent €15.00 to assuage my conscious and to support Fritizing more directly than just pointing out a bug or two :)

The registry change fixed me up, and I thought there was something there which needed to be changed.  Thank you!

Hi Derek,

Thanks very much for the donation--it really is greatly appreciated.  

Glad the regedit fix worked, though of course better not to have the bug in the first place.

- j