This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Error reading file *.fzp unable to create renderer for svg *_pcb_*.svg

Tomas Johansson 6 years, 4 months ago

Hi !

I am trying to create a new part, an isolation transformer. When I add the component to the schematic (or any other view) I get the error "Error reading file *.fzp unable to create renderer for svg *_pcb_*.svg".

I create svg files with a text editor and create the component with the Fritzing parts editor in version 0.7.4 (b5970 2012-04-10)[Qt 4.8.0].

It's hard to tell if my svg file for the pcb (according to the error message) is incorrect or if this is a bug in Frtitzing.

Files are found here for your inspection http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/357419/audiotransformer-zip.html

Both the svg files created by me and the svg files created by the parts editor are included as well as the *.fzp file and the error message.

I have spent many hours on this now, and I hope that someone could help.

Regards
Tomas

Jonathan Cohen 6 years, 4 months ago

Hi Tomas,

I'm just starting to look at the files you uploaded. They look fine to me, but I am also getting the same error from Fritzing. So let me dig a little deeper and I will write again later.

Cheers,

- j

Jonathan Cohen 6 years, 4 months ago

Hi Tomas,

It's a Fritzing bug, but there is an easy workaround. Open up the pcb svg file in a text editor. All of the <line> and <path> elements have a 'style' attribute, e.g.: <line   style="..." />. Just put a space (not a tab, not a newline) somewhere after the text '<line' and before the text 'style' that follows it. Same with '<path' and the 'style' that follows it.

The bug is that right now during a particular parsing operation, all the tabs and newlines are removed from the svg text--and in this particular pcb svg file, that means that the you end up with '<linestyle="..."  />' which is bad xml.

We'll fix this in the new release. I'm surprised it hasn't come up before now, since it's an old bug.

- j

Tomas Johansson 6 years, 4 months ago

Thank you very much!

It's now working as it should.

Tomas

Rojuinex 3 years, 9 months ago

I'm having the same issue, and its reallly frustrating.  Here's my svg:

http://pastebin.com/kem15Wmz