This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Parts ETA

derezdev 9 years, 12 months ago

Neither the new parts or the old parts are available. Any info on when either will be available?

The following is given when trying to access the old parts:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.4 (Linux/SUSE) Server at archive.fritzing.org Port 80

Jonathan Cohen 9 years, 12 months ago

Hi Derezdev.

The old parts library is obsolete. There is no "new" parts library, but there is a set of parts which comes installed with Fritzing. When you launch Fritzing, try opening the All Parts bin. This is available by clicking on the folder icon at the bottom right of the parts bin, rolling over the "open" item, and selecting "All Parts."

You can also create new parts using the parts editor in Fritzing. In this case it's easiest to start with an old part and modify it. You can open the parts editor by choosing "open" from the "Parts" menu or by right-clicking any part and choosing "Edit".

There is part generator on the website for a certain subset of part-types (resistors, pinheaders, etc). You can find that here: http://fritzing.org/parts/generator/choose/

With each new release of Fritzing we add new parts, so there's no particular part library ETA. Aside from that, we hope to enable some form of part sharing on the Fritzing site, so that people can upload new parts they create for others to use.

If there are particular parts you're looking for, please let us know--or try making them yourself using the Parts Editor.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

• j

derezdev 9 years, 12 months ago

Hello j,

Thank you for responding so promptly.

The parts editor and generator are easy enough to use, however I didn't want to spend too much time making something if was going to be in an upcoming library.

Various sensors seem to be what I am in need of most. I will simply make my own.

Also, the part sharing idea seems to be the optimal choice.

Cheers, D

André Knörig 9 years, 11 months ago

André Knörig

Also have a look at our parts roadmap, just updated: http://fritzing.org/about/roadmap/parts-plan

As you can see, we have quite a few new parts coming up!

bill2009 9 years, 11 months ago

So I wonder if we couldn't just start sharing parts separately, like a wiki or google code or just post here in the forum?

It would be a benefit to users and maybe take an item off the developers plates til they get there?

André Knörig 9 years, 11 months ago

André Knörig

Hi Bill,

thanks for the suggestion, we now created a temporary place for this in our issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/fritzing/issues/detail?id=875

Let me know if this works for you.