This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

frtizing won't start windows xp sp3

beverageexpert 9 years, 4 months ago

hello I have downloaded and tried 3 versions of fritzing on xp sp3

9-18-09

8-14-09

6-2-09

all give me the same error when I click on the fritzing icon

this application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

since all I did was unzip and click on start icon I dont think I installed anything. Anybody else have these problems? this looks like a really cool program and would like to use it hopefully we can get this resolved

thanks

Jonathan Cohen 9 years, 4 months ago

Some poking around on the web suggests that the error message indicates one or more missing dlls.  This page lists a number of possibilities:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8kche8ah.aspx.  Can you find msvcrXX.dll, msvcmXX.dll, and msvcpxx.dll on your hard drive someplace?  You may have to copy the dll(s) into the same folder as fritzing.exe, if they're not in a folder that your PATH environment variable references.

RogerH 9 years, 4 months ago

What if i don't find all that .dll files in the windows search? Shall i get them all and put them into the fritizing files?
My windowXP SP3 has same problem when i upgrate from 9-18-09 to 11-06-09 and it just can not return to normal after deleting the update version and reinstall the 9-18-09.
any clues will be appreciated.

Jonathan Cohen 9 years, 4 months ago

Any possibility you already have some version of Qt (our development environment) installed?  Otherwise, no clues--I don't suppose you live anywhere near Berlin?  

Cheers,

- j

André Knörig 9 years, 4 months ago

André Knörig

Hi Roger, maybe you got an incomplete download? In the Fritzing program folder there should be seven Qtxxx.dll files.

filmotechnic 9 years, 4 months ago

Sory, my english not very good.

I have WIN XP SP2, but program not work too.

I deside this probmlem by this way:

put files msvcm80.dll , msvcp80.dll , msvcr80.dll , Fritzing.exe.manifest , Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest

if you have Microsoft.VC80.CRT version 8.0.50727.762   -  all files you can download there : http://depositfiles.com/files/n1o55g7em 

if other version - you must download:  msvcm80.dll , msvcp80.dll , msvcr80.dll for you version, and after that change version in files : Fritzing.exe.manifest , Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest  (open it in text mode)

Moderator's please  edit this post!!!!

André Knörig 9 years, 3 months ago

André Knörig

Thanks filmotechnic for the solution. No need to edit your post, I think it explains it well. :)

TerryKing 9 years ago

I had same " application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect" error. Had to install Windows C++ libraries from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/d/9/dd9a82d0-52ef-40db-8dab-795376989c03/vcredist_x86.exe

Suddenly the error was gone!!!

ilan 8 years, 11 months ago

Yes, installing the redistributable libreries of Visual C++ that TerryKing suggested, solved the problem for me too.

Thanks TerryKing

shakerobo 8 years, 3 months ago

yes installing the c++ files worked well!!

thank you for the support

regards,

shakerobo