This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Problem when changing layer on SMD component

nightswimmer 5 years, 5 months ago

Hello.

I found a small problem when using the "atmega 168 smd" chip. The pins and silkscreen are fine when the layer is "copper1", but when we change to "copper0", the pins and the silkscreen don't change accordingly.

On all the other chips I tested, when we change layers both the pads and the silkscreen seem to do a vertical flip, but on the "atmega 168 smd", changing sides causes a vertical flip on the pins but a vertical flip on the silkscreen.

I don't know if this is a bug or just a problem with the files for that component... However, if the problem is in the files I don't understand what it is.... I just found this problem because i was adapting this component for the atmega 328, but in my version the same problem happens. Any ideas on what may be causing it?

Ups just realized i made a small mistake on the text... Correction:

On all the other chips I tested, when we change layers both the pads and the silkscreen seem to do a vertical flip, but on the "atmega 168 smd", changing sides causes a VERTICAL flip on the pins but a HORIZONTAL flip on the silkscreen.

Jonathan Cohen 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi Nightswimmer, 

On the atmega 168 tqfp1 I am seeing a vertical flip in both silkscreen and copper when I change layers. Maybe send an image or a sketch file to info .at. fritzing .dot. org?

- j

I'm sorry, I didn't specify properly the exact chip.

The chip i was talking about is taggedwith the family "microcontroller (avr)" and package " TQFP32 [SMD]", and it is the only chip in this family. This chip is 7x7mm. For what I understand, this chip was created by a contributor and added to the core files in one of the latest releases.

There is another atmega 168 smd which is part of the "microcontroller" family, which has many other chips, and all of these seem to work fine for me.

It is not not a problem with a specific sketch, I can just create a new sketch and place these 2 chips on the pcb and the behaviour is the same.

Jonathan Cohen 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi Nightswimmer,

Thanks, I see it now. The silkscreen will be fixed in the next release. You can download the file from here and replace the one in your Fritzing installation.

Cheers,

- j

Cool cool you i'll update the file now then.

Thank you.