This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Ubuntu - after placing of a couple of components it closes

inoxidabile 9 years, 1 month ago

Hi everybody!

I was curious and then I tried Fritzing on a Ubuntu 9.10.

After the double click on Fritzing it starts, but following the placement of, says, two or three components and a wire (no matter what kind) it closes up.

Trying to start it from the terminal, I see this warning:

(<unknown>:10776): CRITICAL **: atk_object_set_name: assertion `name != NULL' failed

and after its unwanted closing this:

Segmentation fault

Have I done anything wrong? could someone help me (maybe other have had the same problem) or it's a known bug?

Thanks!

Stefano

Jonathan Cohen 9 years, 1 month ago

Hi Inoxidabile,

It's a Linux-only bug in Fritzing--not sure what's going on yet.  Try the 3.16 release for now.

- j

Thank You Jonathan,

let me say only two words: incredible and incredible!

The first is for Your so quick and kind reply.

The second is for Fritzing - it's amazing!

The interactivity and the backannotations are great, just tailore for an "immediate graphic translation" of the ideas.

(Maybe it's a little bit "heavy" for my old PC, but this is an other topic...)

Ok, thank to You and the Fritzing developers and just an other question: why this tools and this quick supports exist only in the Open Source world?

Stefano

Sorry, I was so happy that I forgot to say the main thing: the 3.16 is ok - but maybe You undersood it yet!

Thanks,

Stefano

André Knörig 9 years, 1 month ago

André Knörig

Ciao Stefano,
Jonathan fixed the bug and published a new release. Thanks for letting us know!
And thanks for the praise, although I think even though commercial support can be slower, it's usually more reliable. ;)