This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Trace disappears between jumper and part's pin

arcol 8 years, 10 months ago

I dont know why it happened (some hours ago it was still fine), but

if I place on the pcb design a jumper, only one leg is connected on the pcb, the other leg is totally transparent:

I tried to examine the .fz sourcecode, but nothing suspicious is there.

I opened the same file in 2007.04.16 version, the jumper works fine there.

I added one, and saved, and even stransger behaviour appeared:

I would like to see this bug fixed, because the pcb cant be done without some jumpers.

Here is the source file:

http://sites.google.com/site/laszlo123456789/heated_bed_shield.fz?attredirects=0&d=1

Best regards,

Laszlo

Jonathan Cohen 8 years, 10 months ago

Just to clarify, is it that you connected both ends of a jumper item to other parts by drawing traces, and then one of traces disappeared?  Which parts were connected to the jumper?  

I'm looking at your file now.  I see two jumper items, one connected at both ends, the other connected at only one end.  I just connected the unconnected end of the jumper item to R9, saved the file and reloaded, and the jumper stayed connected.  I tried adding a couple more jumpers and connecting them randomly, saving and reloading, but everything seemed ok.  Is this similar to the behavior that was causing the problem?

- j

PS.  It may be that you won't need as many jumper items if you use a 2-sided board.

> Just to clarify, is it that you connected both ends of a jumper item

> to other parts by drawing traces, and then one of traces disappeared?

Yes.

>  Which parts were connected to the jumper? 

There are two jumpers: "Jumper2" (at left side vertically), "Jumper1" (at the right side horizontally)

All the two legs are connected of Jumper2, and only one leg (which disappears) are connected of Jumper1. However you can connect the other leg, and that wire/trace works fine.

Jumper2: pin 2 of LCD , and R9 (22kOhm)

Jumper1: R3(10kOhm)

The wires, which disappeared (but still exists if I mouseover on it):

Jumper2-R9 and Jumper1-R3

Maybe it is a linux-only bug and only with 2010.07.06 32bit version. Im on ubuntu 9.04.

Since I finished the pcb in the older version of Fritzing (2010.04.16). It does not have this bug.

Best regards,

Laszlo

ps: I used this Fritzing version: http://fritzing.org/download/0.4.0b/linux-32bit/fritzing.2010.07.06.linux.i386.tar.bz2

Unfortunately I dont have windows to try it out on it.

In the first screenshot, there is highlighting the trace! which exists (it lists at the inspector window), but does not show on the drawing, nor it exports to the final .pdf.

Maybe we should ignore the second screenshot for now.

Laszlo