This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Copper Top Layer hidden after quit and restart

sangamon 8 years, 7 months ago

I have an Arduino shield layout with two layers.  When I save and exit Fritzing, then restart, in PCB view the Copper Top Layer is hidden and can not be selected.  The inspector layers says two layers (double-sided).  To fix, I set the layers to one layer (single-sided), then back to two layers (double-sided).  Upon switching back to two layers (double-sided), the Copper Top Layer becomes checked and the missing traces reappear.  This is completely repeatable every time I open the file.

I'm using 0.4.3 b4458 2010-09-26 under Ubuntu Lucid 64 bit with current maintenance.

Jonathan Cohen 8 years, 7 months ago

Hi Sangamon,

This bug will be fixed in the next release.  In the meantime, you can find a workaround at the end of this forum thread:   http://fritzing.org/forum/thread/357/?page=all#post1459

Cheers,

- j

sangamon 8 years, 7 months ago

Jonathan,

Thanks for the update.  I guess I need to improve my "search" skills.

Just a note, however, that the workaround removing instance "RectanglePCBModuleID" doesn't work for me.  The instance is gone now, but the top layer problem still exists.  No big deal, but it may help debugging.

What is the timeline on "Fritzing Fab?".  If it's soon, I'll have this PCB made with it.

Thanks.

Hi Sangamon,

If you want to email your fz file to [email protected], I can take a look.  If you have both before workaround and after workaround versions, that would be helpful too. If you're using custom parts, then do a save-as-sharable, and email the fzz file.

Fritzing Fab is making slow progress, but if you have any sort of deadline, I wouldn't wait.

Cheers,

- j

Just for closure, it was the same bug, but the workaround to fix the file was a little more complicated than described in post 1459 (and I'm not sure I can describe the fix well enough for everyone to get through).

- j