This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Lines on PCB?

SgrA 5 years, 2 months ago

Hello,

Why do I have these horizontal lines on my PCB? I see them in Fritzing when making the PCB as well as on the etchable SVG file. 

Thanks!

Frode Lillerud 5 years, 2 months ago

Frode Lillerud

Hi, can you share your design in the Projects section? Then we could take a look at it and see if there is a reason those are there.

Should I create a new thread in the "Projects & Experiences" board and upload the fzz file? Sorry, I'm new here.

Frode Lillerud 5 years, 2 months ago

Frode Lillerud

You can create a new project under the Project tab at the top of the page - not in the forum. In that project you can upload the .fzz file. Alternatively you can share the file using external filesharing services (like Dropbox), and share the link in this forum thread.

Welcome to the Fritzing community! :)

Thanks, I uploaded it onto my Google account, Project had too much details to fill out. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwJWuDLWWqumcThGOEp1N3MyNHM/edit?usp=sharing .

Frode Lillerud 5 years, 1 month ago

Frode Lillerud

Seems to be some sort of weird problem with both the Copper and the Ground fill. I'm seeing the same here, both with your file, and with a new sketch where I just drag in some random components, and then use Copper/Ground fill.

Have you tried manufacturing a PCB that has these lines?

SgrA 5 years, 1 month ago

Not yet, this is the first time I'm trying making a PCB. If they show up on the image, it's quite likely they'll affect the circuit too. :/ 

Clacker 5 years, 1 month ago

It's not a new thing, apparently.  Here is a three year old post talking about it where they said it was a rastering issue causing aliasing

http://green.fritzing.org/forum/thread/450/

i know now ive seen this myself.  There was an issue posted as issue 702 to the issue list

https://code.google.com/p/fritzing/issues/detail?id=702&q=Ground%20plane&sort=-modified&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Component%20Owner%20Summary%20Modified

SgrA 5 years, 1 month ago

Has anyone tried etching (toner transfer) with those lines? Does it affect the circuit?

Fabian Althaus 5 years, 1 month ago

hej there,

if you look into the gerber export i assume it'll not have this strips, have it?

the fritzing-fab pcb production makes a complete copper-area without the strips.

so it does not effect the production of the board. 

Frode Lillerud 5 years, 1 month ago

Frode Lillerud

I've ordered a board which had the lines through the Fritzing PCB service, and they look OK. No lines on the PCB.

Fabian Althaus 5 years, 1 month ago

;) really cool 

as i said :) 

cheers and have fun with the boards ;)

alhaddar 4 years, 1 month ago

I've got the same problem How can I cancel that these lines