This forum is archived, go to the new forum!

This is the old fritzing discussion forum. Search it for valuable information from 2009 to 2015.

Traces on PCB Scrambled

rriggs 4 years, 10 months ago

Hi guys,

With the new 0.9.0 version, traces in PCB view and connections in schematic view appear to randomly scramble bendpoints, or segments between bendpoints go missing.

I had a Gerber export where a wire was supposed to exist, but there was no connection between the two pads.  In the PCB view I noticed a green spot where a wire segment ended, but which should have been a bendpoint in an existing wire.  When I selected the wire, bendpoints appeared in places that they did not exist before.  The I had to delete and re-route the wire.

The ratsnest seems to be OK.  Deleting the wire resulted in a ratsnest line.  But the traces were missing on the board and in the generated Gerber files.

This same problem has happened in the Schematic view as well.  It seems to happen randomly.  I have not yet recognised any pattern to when this occurs.

This seems to happen more frequently with wires that were part of a board imported from older versions.  In fact virtually all of the traces from an existing board that I imported were damaged in this manner at first.  I fixed all of them before going further.  But it continues to occur while editing the PCB.  And I am pretty sure that it has happened to newly routed wires as well.  It has happened numerous times now with 0.9.0.  I am very hesitant to try to build any boards using Gerbers from this version because of this problem.  A mistake could be very costly.

Is this a known problem?  Is there a workaround?

Fabian Althaus 4 years, 10 months ago

hej riggs, 

thanks for the bug report. i already noticed that behavoir during the last weeks. sadly i was not able to build a simple sketch with that error. so we have to find an example that makes the bug more "clear". for now it happens randomly without a reason. i tried to rebuild the problem but i cannot make it. do you maybe has a simple-test-bug-sketch where it happens everytime??? maybe we can make a new issue in our issue-tracker for this bug.

https://code.google.com/p/fritzing/issues/list

rriggs 4 years, 10 months ago

I will see if I can recreate the problem with a simple sketch.

hermy 4 years, 10 months ago

Hi Guys, i have the same issue. my diagram got corrupted.

any way i can provide you some info on this? not sure if you can find anything in the .fzz file if i would share it.

anyhow, for me the app worked fine, i had been working several days on the breadboard, the schema and the pcb, with intermediate saves and session restarts. all went fine.

for me, the only strange action that i did, was going into the parts editor (of the arduino mini pro), clicking on some of the pins to get more details. i exited the parts editor (via file / close), did't save the changes, but i was surprised that the application asked a second time to save the diagram, i clicked no a second time because i was a bit confused.... after that, i restarted a fritzing session, opened the diagram and saw that it got corrupted.

strange thing is now, i saved the "corrupted" version under another name. restarted the fritzing session a couple of times and now, my original diagram has no more issues...

let me know if you would like to have more info on this!

Herman

Hi Guys, i have the same issue. my diagram got corrupted.

any way i can provide you some info on this? not sure if you can find anything in the .fzz file if i would share it.

anyhow, for me the app worked fine, i had been working several days on the breadboard, the schema and the pcb, with intermediate saves and session restarts. all went fine.

for me, the only strange action that i did, was going into the parts editor (of the arduino mini pro), clicking on some of the pins to get more details. i exited the parts editor (via file / close), did't save the changes, but i was surprised that the application asked a second time to save the diagram, i clicked no a second time because i was a bit confused.... after that, i restarted a fritzing session, opened the diagram and saw that it got corrupted.

strange thing is now, i saved the "corrupted" version under another name. restarted the fritzing session a couple of times and now, my original diagram has no more issues...

let me know if you would like to have more info on this!

Herman

maybe a delete button on the message board would be nice aswell ;)

AZGTI 4 years, 9 months ago

I have seen a similar issue that occured after I upgraded to the latest 0.9.0 version. When I move traces or wires or lines in the schematic, it seems that the endpoints of any line with more than one bendpoint switches and sometimes new bendpoints are added. Sometimes wires/traces are completely disconnected.

Before Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/azir1w97upxzflb/WiringBefore.jpg?dl=0

After Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zpu6mh0hitqxzr/WiringAfter.jpg?dl=0

I will try renaming the file.

AZGTI 4 years, 9 months ago

Additional information - Running Windows 7 Pro SP1 on 8-core AMD with 16GB RAM.

nekomatic 4 years, 9 months ago

I'm now seeing this issue too. I created a new sketch from scratch in 0.9.0b (32-bit, Windows XP) and on reopening it, when I move a component or bendpoint in schematic view other wires and bendpoints immediately move and/or become disconnected. This version is completely unusable :-(

I can share a sketch and/or screenshots if this would help...