first fritzing pcb design, no control of header drill hole diameter

ohporter 1 year, 10 months ago

Hello,

I just completed my first PCB design with Fritzing and noticed something surprising with the generic header part. In my case, I needed a 10 row male header, standard 2.54mm spacing in two places on my PCB. This was not a problem, but one thing I overlooked was the fact that there seems to be no option to control the diameter of the through hole in the copper pad. As it turns out, it seems the default seems to be .75mm or so whereas the standard header strip I populate here requires a 1mm diameter hole.

I missed this before producing a test run, and it otherwise turned out great. I had to really force the header strip into these undersized through holes.

Is there some way to control the through hole diameter on the generic header pin part that I have missed? If not, what is the best recommendation for addressing this? Just create a custom header part with the correct dimensions?

Thanks,

Matt

Jonathan Cohen 1 year, 10 months ago

Hi Matt,

This one is definitely on our to-do list, but we haven't gotten to it yet. If you have a lot of pins, then a custom part is probably the way to go. A smaller quantity you could overlay with hole parts.

-J

Please login to post a reply.