SPICE Engineering Camp Breadboard
Learning breadboard for SPICE Engineering Camp.
This project uses basic components and an Arduino Nano to teach all of the concepts needed for camp participants to build the electronics for a homemade pinball machine. Check out the SPICE Engineering Camp website for tutorials, Arduino libraries, a custom sketchbook, and additional references including information on good sources for parts.
A 5V regulated power supply (not shown on the breadboard) is required for this project - these can be built from LM type regulators, or breadboard-compatible models can be purchased prebuilt. Additionally, a multinumber display is not shown but is used in the tutorials.
- Current and Voltage
- How to use LEDs
- How to use transistors to drive LEDs
- How to use Arduino to drive LEDs through transistors
- How to control RGB LEDs
- How to drive LEDs through shift registers
- How to use digital buttons as Arduino inputs
- How to use analog signals (via a piezoelectric sensor - represented here by a buzzer) as Arduino inputs
- How to drive a speaker through a simple amplifier circuit
Enjoy, and if you use this breadboard and have feedback please get in touch!