Raspberry Pi Dual DC Motor
Theorycrafting how to drive two DC motors with Raspberry PI and L293D chip.
- Raspberry Pi (any)
- L293D Motor Driver
- 2x(5v-12v DC Motor)
- Battery pack suitable for above motors
- Colored jumper cables/staples
Notes so far:
- L293D is internally powered by 5v on RPI.
- L293D is externally powered (directed to motors) by battery pack.
- L293D pins 4, 5, 12, 13 must all be grounded.
- RPI GPIO pins are used to drive motors using 3.3v HIGH/LOW.
- RPI GPIO requires three pins per motor: Colored pink, brown, cyan.