Fritzing is devoted to making creative use of electronics accessible to everyone.
The source code of Fritzing is available on our Github repository. Everyone is welcome to participate in the development.
We are asking you to pay 8€ (less than US$9) for downloading the application. This way we can ensure future releases, bugfixes and features.
Version 0.9.4 was released on December 01, 2019.
Read the installation instructions below.
This version includes translations for:
Deutsch (German), English, Español (Spanish), Français (French), Italiano (Italian), Nederlands (Dutch), Português (eu) (Portuguese EU), Português (br) (Portuguese BR), 日本語 (Japanese), 中文 (简体) (Chinese Simplified), 正體中文 (繁體) (Chinese Traditional), Русский (Russian), Čeština (Czech), 한국어 (Korean), Ελληνικά (Greek), slovenčina (Slovak), română (Romanian), Türkçe (Turkish), Български (Bulgarian), বাংলা (Bengali).
Please make sure your system satisfies one of these requirements:
Windows 7 was reported to work, too
Mac - OSX 10.14 and up, though 10.13 might work too. MacOS 10.15 is currently untested.
Linux - a fairly recent linux distro with libc >= 2.6
- Start downloading the Fritzing package that's right for you.
- Unzip your Fritzing folder somewhere convenient on your hard drive.
- This may also be a good time for you to create a shortcut to the Fritzing application.
- To start Fritzing:
- on Windows: double-click fritzing.exe
- on Mac: double-click the Fritzing application
- on Linux: double-click Fritzing, or try ./Fritzing in your shell window
- If you experience problems, please try downloading again. This often helps. If it doesn't, have a look at our forums.
Recent versions of OS X do not allow "unverified" software to be launched directly. In order to run Fritzing, you will need to either:
- right-click the Fritzing icon and select "Open"
- in the warning dialog, click "Open"
- go to the System Preferences
- open the Security & Privacy page
- unlock it by clicking the lock in the lower left corner
- set it to allow app downloads from anywhere
The Linux Ubuntu release has been built and tested under Ubuntu Bionic (18.04).
Fritzing requires the Qt5 libaries. On Ubuntu, those can be installed with "sudo apt install libqt5printsupport5 libqt5xml5 libqt5sql5 libqt5serialport5 libqt5sql5-sqlite".
The Linux Fedora 30 release has been build and tested under Linux Fedora 30.