SPICE Engineering Camp Breadboard
This project uses basic components and an Arduino Nano to teach all of the concepts needed for camp participants to build the electronics for a homemade pinball machine. Check out the SPICE Engineering Camp website for tutorials, Arduino libraries, a custom sketchbook, and additional references including information on good sources for parts.
A 5V regulated power supply (not shown on the breadboard) is required for this project - these can be built from LM type regulators, or breadboard-compatible models can be purchased prebuilt. Additionally, a multinumber display is not shown but is used in the tutorials.
- Current and Voltage
- How to use LEDs
- How to use transistors to drive LEDs
- How to use Arduino to drive LEDs through transistors
- How to control RGB LEDs
- How to drive LEDs through shift registers
- How to use digital buttons as Arduino inputs
- How to use analog signals (via a piezoelectric sensor - represented here by a buzzer) as Arduino inputs
- How to drive a speaker through a simple amplifier circuit
Enjoy, and if you use this breadboard and have feedback please get in touch!