Release version 0.9.9
Fritzing 0.9.9 is a maintenance release.
We tested it for Windows 10, Windows 11 (preview), macOS BigSur, macOS High Sierra, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 21.04, Fedora 34.
Changes since 0.9.8Fixes
- Fixed issue #3882 (regression in 0.9.8 : core parts schematic view power nets all connect together)
- Fixed issue #3731 Do not add wires if they are too small
- Fixed issue #3090, #2998, #3084 Resize does not short circuit stripboards anymore
- Fixed issue #1252, Part not appearing in SVG export
- Remember uploads to Fritzing Fab
- Keyboard shortcuts "[" and "]" for 90-degree rotation in addition to the existing Ctrl+R for 45-degree rotation.
- Keyboard shortcut for searching
- Omron_G5LE Schematic symbol is too big
- Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266 breakout board Gerber file fail [#203]
- RFM12b Breadboard View Connection points wrong [#101]
- Minor Issue in Schematic View for "SparkFun - storage microSD" part [#161]
Changes since 0.9.7
- Fixed: Generic IC broken on 0.9.7 #3859
Changes since 0.9.6
- Bump up Qt version for Linux builds
- Build an AppImage
- Read single FZP files
We created an AppImage based on Ubuntu 18.04. Fritzing is now able to run on any system with glibc 2.27 or later.
For parts developers, we added the ability to open an FZP file directly. Fritzing can then bundle the file into an FZPZ. This can ease the workflow for developers who use external editors to create parts.
Since the 0.9.6 release, we were able to close 249 issues in our fritzing-app repo. Specifically, the following fixes have been implemented:
- Selection dropdowns are transparent #3848
- stroke-width not inherited when exporting to Gerber #3843
- Incorrectly configured fzp file crashes parts editor #3839
- Invalid .FZP file causes a segfault #3838
- Error when updating parts #3836
- Platform, Board and Port menus are a barely readable white on grey on macOS #3833
- Silkscreen path not appearing in Gerber output #3809
- Arduino Nano Export SVG Missing #3782
- GUI is blocked for up to 2 minutes until the check is complete #3677
- Duplicating a net label in schematic view causes phantom ratsnest connections to appear. It cannot be deleted either. #3340
- net label copy bug? #2308
- interesting stuff happens when you paste formatted stuff into notes #711
Sony's Spresense Boards and Camera
The following translations have received some care - German - French - Italian - Japanese - Portuguese - Russian - Spanish - Ukrainian
Big thanks to everyone who helped to make this release possible
Namely Bruno Santos Ramalhete, Daniel Gun, Josh Morgenstern, Peter Van Epp, A. Faina !